As we get closer to spring, I'm reminded of a fresh approach we took to a marketing challenge a few years ago.
Solstice Neurosciences had acquired MYOBLOC, but the brand had not been promoted for nearly 2 years. We needed to reconnect with customers to re-establish the channel for direct sale of this injectable biologic.
The target audience was physicians (neurologists and physiatrists) who had purchased MYOBLOC in the previous 2 year.
The campaign objectives were:
- Introduce Solstice as the new marketer of MYOBLOC
- Remind physicians of their past use of MYOBLOC
- Reinforce positive experience with MYOBLOC
- Help identify next patient opportunity to use MYOBLOC
- CONNECT with unique interactive pieces, personalized messages, and “fresh” theme
- HONEST, straight-forward reminder of product profile
- EASY short copy and bold graphics
- MOTIVATING to call “888” number to order
The results of the "Open Up Fresh Possibilities" campaign were impressive. Brand recall increased 29% and sales enjoyed double-digit growth quarter-over-quarter. Even without a direct response mechanism, some 5% have requested additional materials related to the mailings. Brand preference increased from 6% to 43% among the targeted physicians in one year.
These and other elements of the "Fresh" campaign have won several industry awards -- including a feature in Rx Awards Best of Healthcare advertising book.