Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whitney Houston: an inspiring voice of our time

I learned of the untimely passing of Whitney on Saturday night, while waiting in our crew van on the path of the Rouge Orleans ultramarathon.

It was quite shocking – I mean, The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale, The Greatest Love of All – these are Whitney, and were a part of our time.

I remember taking my daughter Melanie to a concert at Arie Crown Theater in Chicago.  I had goose bumps.  I couldn't believe I was seeing and hearing her live.  For years since then, Melanie and I have sung along to "I Will Always Love You" at the top of our lungs in the car. (You know you did it, too.) 
Whitney’s talent was truly inspiring to those who respect hard work, creativity and above all, inspiration, which I have often found in music.

I will always love her -- and her voice.




No comments: