Sunday, October 12, 2008

Royal Victoria Marathon: results of my N-of-8 marathon



It was a beautiful Sunday morning on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. And what better way to tour the city of Victoria than a marathon run/walk!

This was my 8th marathon to complete...and my first in 5 years. So it was especially meaningful. The finish was made even more exciting when Jenny met me to cross the finish together. Don't I look happy!?!?!

I told our friend Michael Lebowitz, who took these finishline photos, that so many life lessons went through my mind as I pushed through the hills. And he share with me a quote:

"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it." -- Antoine de St. Exupéry













Read more and see more photos at Michael's website at http://www.road2ruin.org

No comments: