A lot is being written and debated these days about working at home, life balance, and working moms.
Here are 8 suggestions on ways to balance work and family:
- Put your family first.
- It’s your schedule—not your clients’.
- Plan your day in advance.
- Exercise each day.
- Take vitamins and eat right.
- Turn off your mobile phone from time to time.
- Team up with another practitioner in the office.
- Give yourself a daily reminder.
In an article from Career Journal, published by The Wall Street Journal Online, writer Kevin Voigt offers this story:
"Ostensibly, successful people, if they do have an Achilles heel, it's work-life balance," says Michael Jenkins, Singapore-based Asian managing director of the Center for Creative Leadership, an executive training and research company. "You can't regain your children's childhood; no amount of professional success can compensate for the loss of that family time. At the end of the day, if you aren't a success at home as well, (success at work) probably won't count for much."